Monday, April 19, 2010

Currently Reading - Demonfire (The Demonslayers, Book 1) by Kate Douglas


Since time began, the Earth has served as a balance between the world of darkness that is the Abyss, and the paradise known as Eden. Now the battle between good and evil has reached a tipping point, and survival depends on one fallen demon-- and the woman he can't resist...

(Information courtesy of Amazon.com)

My Thoughts:

I'm familiar with Kate Douglas through her Wolf Tales series (paranormal erotica), so I thought I'd give this one a try. This one is DEFINITELY not erotica - wasn't any sex until around page 200! Eddy and Dax made interesting leads, and the story was pretty good. It was a decent start to a new series. I did like how the demons used garden statuary for bodies. (Yep, little yard trolls and the like!) My main problem with the book was that it seemed to have the same battle over and over again - same beginning to each of them, and same ending. I will read the sequel and see if there are any improvements.

Rating: ***1/2

No comments:

Post a Comment