Friday, April 9, 2010

Currently Reading - Be Mine Tonight (Brotherhood of Blood, Book 1) by Kathryn Smith



I am called Chapel . . .

For nearly six centuries I have roamed the night, a mortal man no longer. Would that I could undo the past -- when I entered the sanctuary of the Knights Templar to wrest from them the Holy Grail, only to discover the chalice I raised to my lips was not the sacred relic but a hellish cup of damnation. Now I shun the day and all things human, driven by an ungodly thirst. And yet...

Never have I known a maiden the like of Prudence Ryland, whose beauty and spirit awaken a heart I feared long cold and dead. But her young life is slipping away, and she also seeks the deliverance of the Grail -- unaware that the cost of her search could be her soul. I must help Prudence, for in six hundred years, no other woman has stirred my passions so. But dare I tender to my beloved that which she most desires -- the sensuous "gift" of forever that is both rapture and a curse: my immortal kiss?

(Information courtesy of Goodreads.com)

My Review:

See if you can get through this book without crying - I sure as hell couldn't! I spent the last 1/3 of it in tears. What great, sympathetic characters! Prudence, who has ovarian cancer, is doing all she can to live life. That includes searching for the Holy Grail, which she hopes can cure her. Then there's Chapel, who has spent most of his 600 years hiding from life. Pru and her family wants Chapel to save her. However, Chapel feels that it would be cursing her if he changed her; he feels he has been damned. There are 5 books in this series. I have 3 more of them, and definitely need to find the other one I'm missing, if they're all this good!

Rating: **** 1/2

No comments:

Post a Comment