Sunday, October 24, 2010

It's Sunday....

...which means back to work tomorrow. Ugh. But definitely thankful I have a job!

I caught up with all my reviews yesterday, so let's see how long I'll keep that up, shall we?


Last Dragon Standing (Dragon Kin, Book 4) by G. A. Aiken

I know what they see when they look at me. The charming, soft-spoken dragoness bred from the most powerful of royal bloodlines. A disguise stronger than any battle shield that allows me to keep all suitors at tail's length. A technique that's worked until him. Until Ragnar the Cunning, handsome barbarian warlord and warrior mage from the desolate Northlands. Unlike those who've come before him, he does not simply submit to my astounding charm and devastating smile. Instead, he dismisses me as vapid, useless and, to my great annoyance, rather stupid!

Yet I'll allow no male to dismiss me. Soon he'll learn my worth, my many skills, and the strength of my will. For this one challenges me enough to make me want to ruthlessly taunt him, tease him and, finally, when the trap is set, bring him to his knees.

(Information courtesy of Goodreads.com)

I really love this series, especially the 2nd and 3rd outings, so I was very excited to get my hands on the new one. And it was very good; however, I did have some problems with it. First of all, I would have actually liked to have more of the relationship between Keita and Ragnar, yet the focus of the story didn't center on them. There was too much going on with all the different characters. There was just too much going on storywise, too. Of course, there was plenty of that Aiken humor that made this a fun book to read. And when we FINALLY got around to the sex scenes, they were worth the wait. All in all, a fun book.

My Rating: ****

No comments:

Post a Comment