Sunday, May 8, 2011

Well, crap!

Notice no reviews? Well, I had a wee problem with the Kindle: The wi-fi stopped working!!!!!!

I tried it at home. I tried it at work. I could not connect anywhere. So I had to call Amazon customer service. Had to reset to factory settings, which wiped out all my books. That didn't work, so I had to mail it back.

I've got to give props to Amazon customer service. They were AWESOME! The guy I had on the phone was so patient with me....even when my phone went dead! I called customer service but got someone else. My original guy called me on my cell until he got a hold of me. That's dedication. I was told a replacement would be shipped.

It was shipped - it was waiting for me when I got home THE NEXT DAY.

My only complaint? They replace the defective one with a refurbished model. And I had only had mine since January. However, it was factory sealed and gone over with a fine tooth comb. It was absolutely immaculate - not a fingerprint or smudge to be found on it. And it worked! Plus, the warranty would cover me until January 2012, just like the original was covered. So I honestly can't complain.

Once again, Amazon, YOU ROCK!

Ahhhhhh, then I had the joy of loading 1500 items back on that sucker! The Kindle books I bought were easy enough - they were in my archives and were easy to reload. The fun ones were the tons I got from other sites; and there were a lot, I tell you! What was worse? Organizing all those bad boys back into my categories! Didn't remember what most of them were, so I had to look most of them up. BUT I'M DONE!!!!

No excuse now....must get to reviewing!

No comments:

Post a Comment